Sunday, March 7, 2010

You Amaze Me: Sewing Machines

Every time I sit down to my sewing machine (I have my grandmother's vintage Necchi Supernova), I am in awe of its mechanics. Who sat down and thought, I can make a machine for this! It's amazing. So today I leave you with some amazing sewing machines:

Elias Howe's lockstitch machine, invented 1845 (via Wikipedia)
A look-a-like of my machine, c. 1956 (source)
A quilted cupcake sewing machine! (source)
A cute little Hello Kitty sewing machine from Target
The future of sewing machines! The belOga by Kristine Brückner (source)
(This is seriously cool. Touch screen, view of the stitch before you start, lenses to see inside, self spooling...Oh, I wish it were in production...)

And a beautiful toy sewing machine (source)
(I want my future kids to have this.)

Do you have a beautiful sewing machine? Feel free to post links to photos!
Happy Sunday :D

6 comments:

  1. My life would be a lot emptier without my sewing machine - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that futuristic machine looks AMAZING. I have a fairly new Brother machine, and a beautiful 1960s baby-blue Harris:
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4286076615_cc97214ebb_b.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Kenmore Mini Ultra. It's small and cheap, but it does the job.

    I also have an old school Singer electric with attached table that my dad found for me, but it's stuck in Arizona because I forgot it when we movedT_T

    My next machine I'll have to decorate! I love it when people do that: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, I love that futuristic machine! so cool!
    and I wanted to tell you that I got your ACEO, and I *LOVE* it. seriously, its amazing. :)
    Hope you get yours soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Alli :) I'm so glad I have one, too!

    Pretty sewing machine, Amy!

    Suzy, if you decorate yours, you'll have to show us!

    If that belOga ever comes out, I'm getting it. I love mine, but it's sooo heavy and difficult sometimes >_<

    I'm glad you like it, Katie!!! :) I love mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sewing machines! The one with buttons all over it is very cute. I have two sewing machines and they were both given to me (Thank goodness!). I really want a Singer Featherweight for my quilting. They sew so nicely...plus, they look cool! :)

    Your blog is great!!!

    ReplyDelete