Sunday, March 21, 2010

You Amaze Me: Banksy

In case you haven't seen his work, Banksy is a not-quite-anonymous British graffiti artist. His works are usually social, ethical, or political commentary. My brother gave us his book for Christmas, renewing my interest. Not only is his art thought-provoking, but it is truly beautiful as well. He does a great job of locating his work in interesting places, connecting his theme to its surroundings. He also beautifully incorporates color into mostly black and white pieces.You can see much of his work on his website (where I found the following), or just do a google image search.

As a knitter, I couldn't pass this one up:

To be honest, I'm a rule follower. I'm not one for law breaking, because I think laws are there for a reason. However, I can appreciate non-violent crime if it's thoughtful :) So today, Banksy, you amaze me.

1 comment: