Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long Weekend Crafting

I was oh-so-grateful for this long weekend! Friday I relaxed from the stresses of the week. Saturday I took a long walk around Town Lake, watched Eurovision (go Germany!) with some friends, and celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday. Sunday was spent with my hubby - a little shopping at the outlets - and with friends. We had good food, good laughs, and good entertainment (we saw Prince of Persia!). Then Monday was filled with chores, errands, and LOTS of crafting :D I made a steampunk skirt!!!!
Please forgive the chalk marks and hanging threads - those will be taken care of soon! I think this is actually the best garment I've ever made. I'm so proud of it ^_^ I'll take better photos this weekend so you can really see the true beauty (hehe). It's completely my own design. I love the broad waistband and triple buttons. I was worried about how it would bustle because it's a denim fabric - rather stiff. However, I think it'll work, and it'll stay however I position it :) The straps have snaps, so the lengths/bustles are adjustable, and removable. It looks pretty neat left down, too! I think I may be able to wear this skirt on any day, not just with my steampunk costume!

Okay, I'll stop raving about my skirt. I'm just really happy with it ^_^ Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. This skirt is amazing!! So creative! The top is my favorite part. I would love to learn to make clothes. I'm just not quite comfortable enough in my sewing abilities yet. I'm pretty much limited to very simple patterns and quilts (cause I can do straight lines!). I think I'm going to try a purse this weekend. Maybe this summer I'll be brave and try a skirt...maybe! ;)

    Congratulations on such a great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Very amazing!!!!! And how cool to be able to say "I made it" when some girl is ooooing and ahing over it!!! Yeah you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! I also love the waistband! I can't wait to see it finished up: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so supportive, thank you!
    Marci, you can totally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very high fashion! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete