Monday, June 14, 2010

DIY Fabric Gift Tag!

 In case you didn't see my post on Saturday, I made a gift tag for my friends' wedding present! I was so excited about it that I decided to share a tutorial for it :D *yay!*
First things first, pick out your fabric. I chose a fabric to match their wedding colors. I cut my pieces to be 4x6" (so 4x3" folded). But the gift tag can be any size really - it's up to you. It's a great way to use scraps! You'll need:
  • one 4x6" piece for the outside (my purple pattern)
  • one 4x6" piece for the inside (I chose off-white, so it wold be easy to write on)
  • one 4x6" piece of interfacing (I use iron-on)
Cut your pieces and iron them out (so glad I started ironing all my sewing projects!). Iron on your interfacing, if you're using iron-on like I did, in between the two other pieces.

Now sew the pieces together! (You can pin first if you like.) I sewed two lines to make sure the sides were secure.

Now trim off the excess. Then all you have to do is fold in half and iron!
Voila! Gift tag! Grab a permanent marker to write your message, attach with ribbon, and you're set :D

3 comments:

  1. Sew ;) cute!!! love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea! And I always love a simple sewing project. I LOVE wrapping presents and now I can incorporate my sewing into something else I love to do! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, I have tons of little scraps that could be used like this!

    ReplyDelete