Sunday, July 18, 2010

You Amaze Me, Optimism


Every Sunday I do a You Amaze Me post. I love discovering, exploring, and sharing new inspirations each week. This week I've been thinking a lot about optimism.


I decided, in my teenage years, to be an optimistic person. Why be gloomy when you can look on the bright side? Give me a problem, and I'll tell you something good about it. Give me an obstacle, and I'll find something to be gained. I've got this!


The only thing that ever stands in my way is my lack of self-confidence. For some reason, I can tell everyone that situation will be ok. BUT, when it comes to my own ability to do certain things, I'm not so sure. Where's the logic in that? SO this week I decided not to worry about it any more. It's a new start to dealing with my self-confidence. Instead of trying to convince myself that I'm the greatest, I'm just going to remind myself to be optimistic.


Because you know what? I've got big goals, and I'm going to reach them. I deserve it, and


Optimism can get us there! Let's be optimistic :-)

(images, except for the obvious, via weheartit)

4 comments:

  1. The picture with you and the sign is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I am the same way, I'm super encouraging for my friends and family but don't have much confidence in myself.

    PS. Your freckles are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I'm the exact same way - I can always be optimistic until it comes to me. I have left so many things undone because I feel like I can't do them. That's not how to live life! So, you go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete