Friday, July 16, 2010

Thursday Threads #19

I am currently on Week 4 of the "Couch to 5K" workout I've been doing. Yesterday I finished day 2 (after two failed attempts). I'm really enjoying this workout! I've never been much of a runner, even before I broke my knee, so this is all new to me. I feel very accomplished so far, and (assuming my knee can take it) can't wait 'til I finish the program completely :-)

Freebie T-shirt (I have several burnt orange ones, since I went to UT!)
Adidas soccer shorts
New Balance running shoes
Accessories: Hairband and hair clips, iPhone (I'm in love with the c25k app!), knee brace (not supportive enough, but it's light and doesn't slip down as I run)

3 comments:

  1. I am very impressed! I use to love running when I was in Jr High and early High School days - I was a long distance runner. But now, I don't even want to think about running!!!!

    BUT you have inspired me to give it a try -- maybe in a few weeks when I'm D O N E with school!

    cute outfit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You should :) I really love how this workout builds up running strength (although if you were a runner, you might be bored with it!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Running is sooo hard on the knees. If I don't religiously work on my core strength, then my knees lock up and I can't run at all. :-( Luckily biking has also helped to strengthen my legs and is low impact so it helps with my running.

    ReplyDelete