Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yarn-Wrapped Wreath and Polaroid Record Frame

Here's my first Style School project! A yarn-wrapped wreath! I've been wanting to make one for a while, and I finally got an excuse (hehe). I found this gorgeous heather gray yarn just for this project. I made the flowers from t-shirt fabric, and cut the leaves from a cerulean cotton (originally used for Tammy's bag). I love the colors! The flowers are held on by pins, so it will be really easy to switch them out for different seasons/occasions. Maybe I'll make some hearts for V-Day ;)


Next came a record frame project. I used a couple tutorials to give my photos a vintage feel. Here are the photos I printed out:

And the finished product (hard to photograph a frame :P):

I'm having fun so far! Can't wait to start the next project :D
Oh, and I'll be uploading photos to my Flickr as I go - in case I don't have time to blog about each project :) Glad to finally be using it again!

4 comments:

  1. oh I need to add you on Flickr!! You did great on your projects! I'll be posting about my frame too! I still have no clue what color scheme I'm doing yet. I may have to run to the store for more yarn.
    xoxo,
    Lindsay
    P.S I LOVE the flower touch :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice - I love your wreath! Making it interchangeable for different seasons is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My wreath is hanging on our door now, and my hubby hung up my record frame while I was at work! My apartment is already looking crafter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Polaroid frame. I think I will do that with some of my pictures this weekend.

    ReplyDelete