Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Knit for a Cause


Last night was a huge success!!! We had a great turnout - over 30 people made it out to knit for South African orphans. We took over three rooms of the Stitch Lab! I'm going to have to scout out a new location for February :D I'm so excited!

We knit 19 squares, which is almost enough to make a baby/toddler blanket. All in one evening! And many more will be added this week. Last night's plus last month's squares make enough for a medium sized blanket. I'm amazed.

[If you've been working on some squares, please drop them off at the Stitch Lab (1000 S. First St.). Becky will collect them and I will pick them up this weekend to mail to South Africa. Can't wait to see how many we get!]

Austinites who want to join:
Facebook: I started a group Knit for a Cause - Join and discuss new meeting locations, charities/causes, etc!
Twitter: Reply to me @AJthePurple, and I'll start a Knit for a Cause list :-)

Thank you everyone for a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! ... and the orphans, too, of course :)

    ReplyDelete