Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Austin, a little about my town

Austin is a city of music, art, and biking. We've got the state capitol, the University of Texas, the Greenbelt, and a love for small businesses ("Keep Austin Weird!"). I moved here when I was 18 to go to UT and I'm so glad I did. It's an active city that has a small town feel. It's my kinda town.

In December, the Zilker tree is lit - you can see it from many points around the city - and there's a little village set up underneath it.

Have you heard the music of Daniel Johnston? Austin petitioned to keep his graffiti mural from being torn down :)

The 360 Bridge. This is near where Alex proposed :) It's beautiful.

That's right! Someone hacked the signs and sent out Nazi zombie warnings!
(via weheartit)

It's just a fun place to live :-) Festivals all the time, great nightlife, comfy places to relax...There's always something to do! It's always moving, but laid back. The people are friendly and creative. Oh, and did I mention we have great food? So here's my little shoutout of love to my home :-)

3 comments:

  1. I've never been to Austin, but I've always thought that it seems like a great place to live. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that zombie sign is so funny!!!!!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't Austin the best?! i love it here, too. and that zombie sign is awesome!

    ReplyDelete