Saturday, August 1, 2009

Paper Cutting and Handmade Fair

It has been a busy week! Lots of social calls and all my spare time has gone to wedding planning. I picked up my invitations yesterday!! They look wonderful. Don't worry, I'll share pics with you soon ;) Several projects are done and waiting to be shown off. For now you can see the paper cutting I did!

After an hour or so cutting on my midnight inspiration, I realized I could design it much better. The curlicues were extremely hard to cut out, and since I'm no expert, they didn't look as good. In the meantime, I spent a while in illustrator designing a piece of Alex and me together. He looks a little girly, but it was my first shot. Next time will be better! Though I do still love this one.

In other news, last night I went to the All Austin All Handmade Bash at the Beauty Bar. It was really fun! TheWonderCraft was there with tutorials (see photos!). I met the president of the Etsy Austin street team, who was very friendly. There were many cool vendors. Some complimented my bag, which made me feel really good. It's really great to be able to go out and actually meet other crafty Austinites!


(I made the flowers and the yellow cuff; Alex made the strappy cuff and a necklace, not pictured)

1 comment:

  1. I love the paper cut! And yes, you could design it easier on a computer, but where would the interesting imperfections and hand be? I love it.

    ReplyDelete