Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mail

I don't like to send boring mail.

Today I sent a birthday card to my friend in Chicago. I'd been wanting to try embroidering, so I took the chance! Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture of it until I was walking to the mailbox (sad face), but maybe she'll take one for me to post... I think it turned out pretty well. I used bright yellow and pink and a soft blue. Joining together two index cards, I embroidered "Happy 23" on one side, and a birthday cake on both sides. That way I had room on the back to write a note :)

Now I'd hate to leave you without a picture, so I'll also include a postcard I sent to my friend in NYC:



Yes, that is a dinosaur munching on pizza while destroying an ugly, yet famous, building (what can I say? I studied architecture). And it's all relevant to the postcard, no worries.

I LOVE to send and receive postcards. I'd much rather have a postcard sent to me than a souvenir. And while they are exciting in their own right, I also love decorating them to add a more personal touch :) I also tend to write too much, because who enjoys just getting "Wish you were here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment