Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Character Drawings

Well, I was out of commission all last week thanks to some oral surgery. But I'm back in the action now! I'm still working on my French market bag, and hope to finish that some time this week. I really want to be able to actually make it to the Stitch 'n' Bitch this week, too! I'm sad I haven't been able to go in a while.

Two of my friends had birthdays this month. They are two of the several friends of mine that are into role playing games (namely Dungeons & Dragons - and, for the record, it's not as bad as people think). Due to my status of starving artist/unemployed layabout (also working really hard on fixing that this week), I couldn't really afford to buy them presents. I also would have had no idea what to get. What do you buy men for their birthdays? And are we past the age now where you're supposed to get friends gifts?

Anyway, I decided to draw their characters for them :D The first one took a very long time, because I was so nervous about it. I haven't really presented people with drawings since elementary school. The second one was easier since I was a little more confident. I basically sketched them out, looking at different artist depictions and photos of my friends as reference. Then I inked the outlines and used Copic markers to color them in. It's the first time I've actually used Copics for a real project. I LOVE them. LOVE them. I wish we had a bigger set. On my new wishlist: all Copic markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment