Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthday Bag!

So you may remember my Batman bag (based off this tutorial), which I still love dearly and use frequently. My best friend asked me a while back to make her one, so I decided to for her birthday! I learned a lot from making the last one, so it only took me about a day this time >_<
I absolutely love the fabric I found at Hancock. I was looking at half a dozen patterns, but Alex helped me narrow it down. I like that both have interesting prints without being too bold. Contrasting colors and prints for different moods!
I did the pockets differently on this bag. For one, they are laid out symmetrically. I also decided to line them for strength with the contrasting fabric. I'm really happy with them! In fact, I was tempted to keep the bag. In addition to the pockets, I also changed the shape of the bag some, too. I made it shallower, and I really like the result. I hope you like it, too!

1 comment: