Alex and I just finished refurbishing a credenza to makeover our dining room. I'm responsible for a good portion of the design, and Alex is to be thanked for the bulk of the work (as I was recovering from oral surgery). He spent nearly all his free time for nearly a week to get this thing finished, and I couldn't be happier with it!
We turned this crazy, cluttered looking space:
And this old, crusty credenza (originally with an enormously heavy top):
I'm so proud! We took time to do everything the right way - including primer and handpainting. One drawer became a shelf with a hinge top (on the top right). Two drawers (bottom right) turned into one large drawer with a partial plexiglass front - tall enough to hold all our liquor! We added an extra shelf inside. We obviously painted the whole thing (outside grey, inside yellow), and we added new handles. To see more pics, go to my flickr site :) I'm really glad to have a safe place to store the precious glassware and china (not pictured) I inherited from my grandmothers. And now no one has to worry about knocking things over!
Oh right, I think I'll eventually add a yellow accent to one of the doors....Forgot about that...;)